We here at Blossom Lounge are big beach day advocates. Being from Nova Scotia myself, (Canada's Ocean Playground) I have grown up spending my summers on the beach and have learned a few tips for skipping unnecessary packing resulting in a lot of shlepping. I have rounded up 13 of my Beach day essentials all able to fit into one very stylish Rebecca Minkoff tote. Read below to see what 13 items you should be taking on your text trip to the beach!
1. Rebecca Minkoff Tote: We love a good beach bag, but sometimes things tend to get lost in them because of their lack of pockets. We love this tote by Rebecca Minkoff because it's big enough and casual enough to take to the beach. It's also super stylish and comes with a cross body strap that makes it easy to carry.
2. Dust Bag/Small Clutch: Because it's necessary to take a few beauty products to the beach, make sure that they are all organized in one little clutch. The RM tote comes with a pretty cute and practical dust bag. Perfect for putting any products being used at the beach.
3. Yoshi Samra Flip Flips: Flip flops are basically a no brainer when it comes to going to the beach. The plastic ones seem to be the go-to sandal when it comes to beach day attire. We at Blossom like to try something a bit more stylish like these leather Yoshi Samra nude, studded flip-flops.
4. Stylish Bikini: Triangl bikinis are as comfy as they are stylish. We love the fact that they are made of neoprene (scuba material) making them extremely durable in the water. (not available at Blossom Lounge)
5. Sundry Tank: There is no need to pack a fully planned outfit for the beach. We love the look of a long, loose t-shirt or dress over a bikini, and this Aloha tank by Sundry couldn't be more appropriate. The colour and slogan are perfect for the beach and the length covers everything you need to until you are on the sand.
6. BKR Water Bottle: These extremely durable and chic bottles are the perfect item to pack in your tote. Plus you are saving the planet by going green and not packing a plastic bottle. The bright orange colour will also stand out amongst all of the other boring water bottles.
7. Waiting for the Sun Sunglasses: Of course if you are going to be spending the day staring at the sun protection for your eyes is a must. These handmade, bamboo sunglasses by Waiting for the Sun make all natural all kinds of fashionable.
8. Lip Conditioner: Lips tend to get extremely dry at the beach so taking a lip conditioner that works is super important. Balmy Days by Ilia Beauty is an all natural moisturizer that keeps lips feeling soft and supple all day long.
9. Vitamin C Serum: Being in the sun all day is nice, but it can also really do damage to the sensitive skin on your face. Give some of that vitamin D you got some vitamin C with the Elizabeth Den for One Love Organics Vitamin C Serum. With a potent mix of antioxidants, this serum will naturally brighten and replenish your skin.
10. Body Mist: Just as your face can dry out in the sun so can your body. Replace some of that lost moisture with Kai Body Glow. A mist that is jam-packed with natural ingredients like jojoba oil, aloe, chamomile and cucumber extracts. I love it because it's easy to apply, just spray on your skin and let it soak in.
11. Sunscreen: If there is anything you should take to the beach it's sunscreen. Before applying any of the sprays or serums apply an SPF of 30 or higher liberally to your skin to protect it from harmful UV rays. (not available at Blossom Lounge)
12. Beach Towel/Blanket: If you are going to be laying down on the sand all day make sure you have packed a comfy blanket or towel to lay on! (not available at Blossom Lounge)
13. Basic Accessories: Wearing accessories to the beach is totally acceptable to us Blossom Ladies. Of course statement necklaces and arm parties are a little impractical, but a single beaded wooden bracelet is not. This Gold and Grey tassel bracelet is the perfect beach day accessory.