Free People is a line that we here at Blossom Lounge have coveted for a long time. So when we found out super stylish owner Shauna was bringing this boho-chic brand to Blossom Lounge we were beyond excited! One of the newest pieces to hit the store is this beautifully detailed Open Waters Charlotte Dress. We are completely obsessed with the print, fabric, colour, and of course all of the unique detailing. The sheer lace arms and smocked waist band make this dress beyond gorgeous. Styling wise, might we suggest really playing up the boho vibe and choose chunkly leather booties and a wide brimmed hat. You will be channeling Stevie Nicks in no time!
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
One of the most recent brands to join the Blossom Lounge family is By Rosie Jane. A self named brand that came to life after the creator made the scent for herself back in 2008. After being asked on a daily basis what she was wearing, Rosie decided to turn the scent into a business. She named the perfume Leila Lou after her first born daughter. Leila Lou is a clean scent with notes of pear, jasmine, and fresh cut grass. It is a completely addicting and alluring scent. After the popularity of Leila Lou, Rosie created a second fragrance in 2014, naming it Tilly after her youngest daughter. Tilly evokes the scents of summer with notes of grapefruit, pineapple and tropical gardenia. Both scents are beautiful and so is the packaging to match.
All products shown above are available at Blossom Lounge
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Besides the fact that this wool/leather/plaid combo is absolutely stunning, I love the fact that it is proudly made in Canada. The jacket, which is available in this navy/white combo and a red/black combo is designed by none other than Lindsay Borschke, who also happens to be the creator of the "City of Neighbourhoods" toques. These jackets are the perfect topper for now when the weather is just starting to get chilly, and later as a layering piece underneath a heavier jacket. The plaid makes them quintessentially Canadian while the luxe leather detailing keeps them fresh and stylish.
Zoe Organics is an all natural family line of products specially formulated for mom and baby. With no added fragrances or essentials oils, this cream is great for ultra dry and ultra sensitive skin. I tend to get a bit of eczema on my hands when the weather changes, and a little of this cream helps quite a bit.
A new line for Blossom Lounge, Gorjana is a stunning jewelry line that should be on every ones fall wish list! Although everything from Gorjana at BL is gorgeous, this hammered gold bar necklace is too perfect not to pass up. I love that it can be worn alone or layered with other pieces.
Anna Rifle Bond makes the prettiest of designs on everything from greeting cards to temporary tattoos. But it is this black and gold polka dot Iphone case that I am lusting over this fall. I love a classic polka dot pattern, and the gold polka dots on this case really pop against the stark black background.
5. Lippy La Moss: A dark and vampy lip is a must this fall. This Lippy liquid lipstick in La Moss delivers just that. I love the fact that this is a liquid that deposits colours as opaque as a stick, yet the applicator never dulls like a regular lipstick does.
6. Butter London The Full Monty: What better to go with a moody lip than a metallic nail? I think nothing! I have used Butter London nail polish so many times and love the brush and formula. This nail polish is definitely a fall must have list!
On fall evenings I love taking the time to relax and enjoy either long showers or baths. This lavender wash by Love Fresh is the perfect companion as it's soothing properties relax me and make it easier to fall asleep. I also love how gentle and non-drying this all natural wash is on my skin.
If there is one thing I have been using non-stop, it is this candle by Rosie Jane. Although I wouldn't say that this is a fall scented candle, it smells so incredible that I want to keep it in my house all year round. With notes of pear, jasmine and fresh cut grass this candle is sure to be a fave.
10. Henry & Bellow super skinny high waisted jeans: Every fall I feel like a new dark pair of skinnies are on my list of things to purchase. These Henry & Belle super skinny high waisted jeans are great because they fit every curve of my bottom half beautifully and the high waist smooths the top half out. These jeans give my legs, but and belly a perfect smooth appearance that I am always looking for in a great pair of jeans. The deep indigo wash is also a classic so these jeans will last for seasons.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Autumn is the best season to showcase your fashion sense. The best thing happening right now is the boyfriend jean. It's comfy, versatile, and for sure a fall staple. Dress the boyfriend jean up or down with leather or heels, crop tops or comfy sweaters. The boyfriend jean is the must-have item of the fall season.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Here at Blossom Lounge we recently received the complete summer collection by One Love Organics. The collection featured four new products 2 for face (Apple a Day Cleanser and Pretty Pores Toner), and 2 for hair and body (Healthy Locks Dry Shampoo and Gardenia Body Serum). We here at Blossom Lounge already knew how much we loved One Love Organics, but Blossom Lady Kaylee had yet to give them a try. After falling for the entire summer collections packaging and scents, she purchased a few more things and is now a complete OLO convert! Read below to see what she uses for her daily face and body routine to keep her feeling loved by One Love Organics.
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
There could really be nothing better than taking a mini vacay on a hot weekend and heading to the cottage. Spending mornings relaxing on the deck, days hanging on the boat and evenings going into the local town for dinner, are three of the ways you should plan to pack for a jam packed cottage weekend! But just because your weekend is jam packed, doesn't mean your suitcase has to be! Read below to see how to mix and match your suitcase packing only 10 things!
What I packed:
1. Hat- Joe Fresh
2. Sunglasses- Ray Ban Aviators
3. Necklace/Bracelet- Jenny Bird at Blossom Lounge
4. Graphic T-shirt- Sundry at Blossom Lounge
5. Jean Shorts- Mavi at Blossom Lounge
6. T-shirt Dress- Sundry at Blossom Lounge
7. Cross-body Bag- Rebecca Minkoff at Blossom Lounge
8. Graphic Tank Top- Sundry at Blossom Lounge
9. Sweat Pant- Sundry at Blossom Lounge
10. Flat Shoes- Franco Sarto
LOOK 1: ON THE BOAT
When planning on heading out for a day on the boat it is important to stay comfy and protected. Make sure to pack sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses to keep yourself safe from the sun! For your outfit stay chic and comfortable with a classic denim shorts and t-shirt combo. We love this nautical anchor top from Sundry, perfect for a boat day! Keep jewellery basic and summery, and make sure to wear flat shoes...the boat can be slippery!
LOOK 2: OUT TO DINNER
If the cottage you are staying at is within driving distance to the nearest town, we say go explore! You can always find the best little shops and restaurants in the tiniest of towns. Don't get too fussy with your outfit, a simple fitted t-shirt dress, flat shoes, and a great bag will do the trick! For jewellery we used the same Jenny bird necklace and bracelet from the boat, and just doubled up the necklace for a more formal style.
LOOK 3: RELAXING AT THE COTTAGE
Just because you are hanging out at the cottage all morning doesn't mean you should keep your button down flannel pj's on. a comfy look can also be stylish! These light grey sweats with cool dip dye tassels and graphic print tank are perfect for lounging on the deck and sipping lemonade. You can even accessories with the jewellery and cute, comfy shoes!
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
What could be more luxurious than a gold dipped manicure? Although the name may sound pricy and difficult, it is actually cheaper than a manicure at the salon and so easy! Liquid gold leaf is one of those items that can be used on just about any item, from jewellery to housewares, and of course...nails! So when us here at Blossom Lounge found the perfect shade of blue from Butter London we knew instantly that a little liquid gold glamour would make for the prettiest of summer nail art. Read below to learn how to do this opulent gold mani for yourself and don't forget to check out more Butter London polishes at blossomlounge.com to create endless gold dipped combinations!
1. Butter London "Poole" Nail Polish
3. Nail Polish Remonver
4. Painters Tape
5. Angled Brush
6. Liquid Gold Leaf
Step 1: After shaping and buffing nails to your preferred shape, start by painting nails with a thin coat of nail polish. Three coats of Butter London's Poole nail polish will give you a fully opaque look.
Step 2: Remove any nail polish mistakes by dipping a Q-Tip in some nail polish remover and gently rub it along fingers. Let nails dry completely before moving onto step 3.
Step 3: Using painters tape (scotch tape shown here), tape a diagonal line from the middle top of your nail to the middle bottom. Press firmly on the tape to ensure no liquid gold will bleed.
Step 4: Using a very small amount of liquid gold, gently dab it onto your nails moving slowly and carefully. Allow the gold to dry fully and gently remove the tape. If there are any patches gently fix them using a small ammount of gold.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
We here at Blossom Lounge are big beach day advocates. Being from Nova Scotia myself, (Canada's Ocean Playground) I have grown up spending my summers on the beach and have learned a few tips for skipping unnecessary packing resulting in a lot of shlepping. I have rounded up 13 of my Beach day essentials all able to fit into one very stylish Rebecca Minkoff tote. Read below to see what 13 items you should be taking on your text trip to the beach!
1. Rebecca Minkoff Tote: We love a good beach bag, but sometimes things tend to get lost in them because of their lack of pockets. We love this tote by Rebecca Minkoff because it's big enough and casual enough to take to the beach. It's also super stylish and comes with a cross body strap that makes it easy to carry.
2. Dust Bag/Small Clutch: Because it's necessary to take a few beauty products to the beach, make sure that they are all organized in one little clutch. The RM tote comes with a pretty cute and practical dust bag. Perfect for putting any products being used at the beach.
3. Yoshi Samra Flip Flips: Flip flops are basically a no brainer when it comes to going to the beach. The plastic ones seem to be the go-to sandal when it comes to beach day attire. We at Blossom like to try something a bit more stylish like these leather Yoshi Samra nude, studded flip-flops.
4. Stylish Bikini: Triangl bikinis are as comfy as they are stylish. We love the fact that they are made of neoprene (scuba material) making them extremely durable in the water. (not available at Blossom Lounge)
5. Sundry Tank: There is no need to pack a fully planned outfit for the beach. We love the look of a long, loose t-shirt or dress over a bikini, and this Aloha tank by Sundry couldn't be more appropriate. The colour and slogan are perfect for the beach and the length covers everything you need to until you are on the sand.
6. BKR Water Bottle: These extremely durable and chic bottles are the perfect item to pack in your tote. Plus you are saving the planet by going green and not packing a plastic bottle. The bright orange colour will also stand out amongst all of the other boring water bottles.
7. Waiting for the Sun Sunglasses: Of course if you are going to be spending the day staring at the sun protection for your eyes is a must. These handmade, bamboo sunglasses by Waiting for the Sun make all natural all kinds of fashionable.
8. Lip Conditioner: Lips tend to get extremely dry at the beach so taking a lip conditioner that works is super important. Balmy Days by Ilia Beauty is an all natural moisturizer that keeps lips feeling soft and supple all day long.
9. Vitamin C Serum: Being in the sun all day is nice, but it can also really do damage to the sensitive skin on your face. Give some of that vitamin D you got some vitamin C with the Elizabeth Den for One Love Organics Vitamin C Serum. With a potent mix of antioxidants, this serum will naturally brighten and replenish your skin.
10. Body Mist: Just as your face can dry out in the sun so can your body. Replace some of that lost moisture with Kai Body Glow. A mist that is jam-packed with natural ingredients like jojoba oil, aloe, chamomile and cucumber extracts. I love it because it's easy to apply, just spray on your skin and let it soak in.
11. Sunscreen: If there is anything you should take to the beach it's sunscreen. Before applying any of the sprays or serums apply an SPF of 30 or higher liberally to your skin to protect it from harmful UV rays. (not available at Blossom Lounge)
12. Beach Towel/Blanket: If you are going to be laying down on the sand all day make sure you have packed a comfy blanket or towel to lay on! (not available at Blossom Lounge)
13. Basic Accessories: Wearing accessories to the beach is totally acceptable to us Blossom Ladies. Of course statement necklaces and arm parties are a little impractical, but a single beaded wooden bracelet is not. This Gold and Grey tassel bracelet is the perfect beach day accessory.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
One of the newest labels to the Blossom Lounge beauty brand family is LOVEFRESH, a Toronto based, all natural collection of scrubs, lotions and potions created by Stacey Davis who believes that beautiful, glowing skin can be achieved using all natural products. We believe in the same thing here at Blossom Lounge and that is just one of the reasons LOVEFRESH is a label to love. The clean, chic packaging, captivating, fresh scents, and products that actually do what they say makes LOVEFRESH one of the fastest selling brands at Blossom Lounge! Read below to learn more about each product we sell and head on into Blossom Lounge today to try it for yourself. Trust us...you will love (fresh) it!
All information about the LOVEFRESH product was found on www.lovefresh.com*